Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Chapter 2 Review

If you know me, you know I tend not to lie when I can help it. I read the 5 pages the day after they were assigned, and I have no idea what they said. I remember understanding and absorbing it, but the content is slipping my mind. Let's see. Concentrate.

Fortunately we have a pretty friendly class, and someone let me borrow their book for a quick review. The reading was a brief explanation of different writing styles and their uses. Specifically, persuasive writing styles that aim to either define or explain. I always felt that the best explanation include definitions and vice versa, so this distinction was a new concept to me.


It also spoke of the relationships that formed between students and their teachers. This reminded me of modern day scandals, though these practices were considered acceptable to the Greeks and Romans.

No comments:

Post a Comment